Subject: Re: [Leica] SOFTLY RELEASE YOURSELF
From: "Martin V. Howard" <marho@ida.liu.se>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 14:10:47 +0100

N. B. Watson wrote:

> Please pardon my apparent ignorance, but how (aside from the
> assortment of colours) do these $10 soft releases improve upon the
> ones from Kalt or Hama which my local dealer sells for $1.95?

It takes about 5 seconds after opening the package to appreciate why
Tom's SoftReleases cost $10 and not $1.95.  They fit perfectly on
M cameras.  And I mean *perfectly*.  After you've mounted one, you'll
forever wonder why Leica didn't supply them as standard.

They offer much better control than the scalloped softreleases of most
other manufacturers, because the gentle convex surface allows more
finger positions.  Strange as it may sound, using a softrelease makes
it feel like the cameras been stripped, relubed and reassembled, it is
so smooth.

Well worth the price.  You get Ergonomic, Functional, Beautiful,
Durable, *and* Choice for just $10.  That doesn't happen often.

M.

- --
Martin V. Howard, Application Systems Laboratory,     |
Dept. of Comp. & Info. Sci., Linkoping University,    | Just "DOHH" it!
SE-581 83 Linkoping, Sweden.  Tel +46 13 282 421,     +----------------+
Fax +46 13 142 231; marho@ida.liu.se; www.ida.liu.se/~marho