Subject: Re: [Leica] SOFTLY RELEASE YOURSELF
From: RBedw51767@aol.com
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 08:25:26 EST

It just doesn't make sense but Martin is right.    They are as smmmmmooooothe
as silk and they don't prostitute the appearance of your Leica.  Yes, the
price is rediculous but I guess that's the fare for manufacturing small runs
of anything.  I would think that Leica could drop the price of M6's after
using basically the same moulds for almost fifty years,  but they haven't have
they?

I loaned an M6 to my niece with one attached and when I received it back it
was missing.  I went for several weeks without one and I sorely missed it.  I
ordered four this time; two black and two red.   Now I'm back in business.

You just have to try one....the price of one pizza will pay for it and it will
last forever (no heartburn), but please don't loan it to your niece.

Bob Bedwell
<< N. B. Watson wrote:

 > Please pardon my apparent ignorance, but how (aside from the
 > assortment of colours) do these $10 soft releases improve upon the
 > ones from Kalt or Hama which my local dealer sells for $1.95?

 It takes about 5 seconds after opening the package to appreciate why
 Tom's SoftReleases cost $10 and not $1.95.  They fit perfectly on
 M cameras.  And I mean *perfectly*.  After you've mounted one, you'll
 forever wonder why Leica didn't supply them as standard.

 They offer much better control than the scalloped softreleases of most
 other manufacturers, because the gentle convex surface allows more
 finger positions.  Strange as it may sound, using a softrelease makes
 it feel like the cameras been stripped, relubed and reassembled, it is
 so smooth.

 Well worth the price.  You get Ergonomic, Functional, Beautiful,
 Durable, *and* Choice for just $10.  That doesn't happen often.

 M.