Subject: Re: [Leica] Let's Play Doctor!
From: Thomas Kachadurian <kach@freeway.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 00:07:20 -0500 (EST)

Greg:

Been there, had that. It's a baffle in the shutter that gets out of place.
Don Goldberg fixed mine for like $50 or $60. You'd think the light would
leak in at the edges, but it doesn't. I had a streak about 1/3 of the way
up the frame, across it horizontally. It looked like flare, and was only
there sometimes, but alway on frames when I changed lenses outdoors, which
is how I figured out it was the shutter.

Tom

>Hi Folks,
>
>Let's play M6 Doctor!
>
>Does anyone have any suggestions on the likely problem with this M6??
>
>M6, used, mint condition, approx. 7 years old.
>
>Every couple of rolls of film there is a frame or two that shows what looks
>like a light strike or flare.
>
>It occurs horizontal across the film and "bottom edge" of the "flare" is
>fairly defined while the top is more graduated and blends.
>
>This sometimes "spreads" into the next frame.
>
>regards,
>Greg Locke <locke@straylight.ca>
>St. John's, Newfoundland.
><http://www.straylight.ca/locke/>
>"I've finally figured out what's wrong with photography.
>It's a one-eyed man looking through a little 'ole.
>Now, how much reality can there be in that?" -- David Hockney

Thomas Kachadurian
WEB PAGE: http://members.aol.com/kachaduria