Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Archive search engine
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 23:06:43 -0600

>> length lens again. (Which is one reason I can't go back to Leica - the
>> 70-180 2.8 Apo is $5,900!) You will not miss the tad bit of sharpness loss
>> of the Nikkor zoom.

Ah, but now that I got one for $3,000, it's quite justified. And I can tell
you, that sharpness difference would certainly be missed now. And besides,
the price is lower than that. Well under $5,000 with the rebate.

It's easy to take something someone says a long time ago - when things have
changed and throw it in their face.

Besides, it is considered bad form to repeat another list's messages in a
different list, copyright violation and all that. A short passage like that
is not a big deal, but it certainly doesn't add to the current dialogue.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

If you are out to describe the truth, leave elegance to the tailor.

Albert Einstein