Subject: Re: [Leica] Kodachromes versus E6 films
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 23:12:27 -0600

>  I have not tested Velvia
>for resolution, but my subjective analysis is that it does not have the
>"depth of color" that Kodachrome exhibits.  I just does not excite me, and I
>don't understand the current popularity of this film for many, and
>especially the professionals.

I can tell you why. It is very saturated. Greens are amazing. The only down
side to Velvia for many people is the ruddy skin tones it gives. I find for
some subjects, it's great film. But I don't like it in strong light/shadow
situations.

I'm looking forward to trying the Ektachrome 100 coming in January.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

If you are out to describe the truth, leave elegance to the tailor.

Albert Einstein