Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica Minilux (WAS: Leica bashing)
From: "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 15:45:15 -0800

Bud Cook wrote:

>IMHO, there is only ONE way to test a lens and that's to use Kodachrome 25 and
>project the slides with a Prodovit.
>If the GR-1 can stand comparison in a tray of M and R Kodachromes then I'll
>truly believe in the Tooth Fairy:-)
>I'm sure we can find things we don't like about all cameras.  In our
>experience
>with the Minilux, we haven't had any usability problems.  All results are
>correctly exposed and correctly focused.  I too haven't been able to try a
>roll
>of Kodachrome because my wife is too busy shooting print film.
>Bud

I don't have a Minilux, and was not too impressed when I tried one. I got a
GR1, and am very happy. I have a bunch of Leica M lenses from 15 to 135,
and the GR1 results are not out of place. There are some things wrong with
it, of course, but it deserves to be called the GR8. The only thing is, you
have to be happy shooting with a 28 as your one focal length.

   *            Henning J. Wulff
  /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
 /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com