Subject: [Leica] Re: Is a leica lens like a Bordeaux wine ?
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@tir.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 17:37:38 -0500

I haven't had the oportunity to try the latest, but I have two different
ones. For my money, the DR Summicron is a fantastic lens, especially with
Kodachrome. My other one from the 70s is very nice as well, and
considerably lighter than the DR.

Ken Wilcox

>I am new to this list and I have a question.
>I have the opportunity to buy a second hand (but in excellent condition)
>a Summicro 2.0 M. The only problem is that the lens is about 25 years
>old.
>How does it compare with a new Summicron M 2.0 ?
>
>Are Leica lenses like Bordeaux Wines (older = better) or should I better
>buy a more recent lens ?
>
>Thank you for your answers.
>Regards
> Christian Payot

- ----
Ken Wilcox                             Carolyn's Personal Touch Portraits
LHSA, MEA, LAW                      preferred---> <wilcox@mail.tir.com>
                                                     <kwilcox@gfn.org>