Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Is a leica lens like a Bordeaux wine ?
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 18:36:40 -0500

I would like to second this opinion.  In spite of impressions you may get
from reading the analysis of the latest lenses from Erwin Puts, the older
leica formulations are still excellent.   I have a DR Summicron that dates
from the 60s that can holds its own against any modern competitor.  It is a
great lens.  I have just developed my first roll from my new (used) 135/4
tele-elmar, another design dating back many years.  I shot almost the
entire roll at f4, and they look beautiful.

Dan C.