Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: LUG disease
From: Kip Babington <cbabing3@swbell.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 00:01:51 -0600

Chandos Michael Brown wrote:

> . . .
>
> On the other hand, I'm shooting stuff now that I wouldn't have dreamt about
> a few thousand dollars ago.

Isn't this the core of it?  I had the same expensive experience as many
of you - found the LUG when I only had a CL and it didn't work, then
within a couple of months had a well used M6 with 35 and 50 Summilux, 90
Summicron and 135/2.8 Elmarit.  Now, I told myself that I needed this
stuff to take pictures of my kids on stage because my Nikons were too
loud and people didn't like my taking 5 or 6 rolls with them during a
performance.  But it's also true that I wouldn't be getting the shots
I'm getting now (1/30 @ 1.4 with Neopan 1600) if I were trying to do it
with my Nikons.

Cheers,
Kip