Subject: RE: [Leica] Noctilux
From: Jeremy Kime <jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 13:51:07 -0000

If you're looking for something like a Noctilux to put on an M camera and is
less expensive, the best I'd suggest is a Summilux. I've recently seen a
Noctilux for 695 pounds here in England, that's pretty cheap...

Various other companies did make LTM lenses, Nikon 50/1.1, Canon 50/0.95,
Canon 50/1.2, Zunow 50/1.1.
None of these are rated as seriously usable. If you still need cheaper than
a Summilux (and try to aim there for the post '68 version) then look out for
the Canon 50/1.4 (obviously with a screw to M adapter), that was reckoned to
be as good as the Leica Summilux of the day, (early 60s).

Jem