Subject: re: [Leica] Loupes
From: Larry Kopitnik <kopitnil@marketingcomm.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 17:32:46 -0600

I am in search for the perfect loupe with which to scrutinize my slides
and negatives on the light table. I currently have two Horizon loupes, a
4x which is nice as it covers the entire slide, and a 10x which is nice
because of the higher magnification but it does not cover the entire
image. I am looking for something with a higher magnification than 4x
that can also cover the image. There is Leica's recent 5x offering, and
Schneider's 6x loupe. Any opinions, are there any other brands I should
consider?
<<<<<<<<<<

I use the Peak 7x Anastigmatic loupe, because it's the largest
magnification high-quality loupe I found through which you can see the
entire 35 mm frame. I wish it came with interchangeble skirts;  it has just
a clear one, which I've wrapped with black tape to block light box
reflections. Other than that, I've been quite pleased with it.

I also have an Emo Macromax 5x loupe (made in Wetzlar, it says on it). It's
also a high quality, high priced loupe and one I used extensively before
acquiring the Peak. But I now prefer the greater magnification the Peak 7x
Anastigmatic offers.

Larry