Subject: [Leica] LUG censorship
From: Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 18:34:04 -0800

I had a very cynical answer prepared for this, but I trashed it.

Putting it very simply, the archive is not the LUG. The LUG is live dialog
to and from all members. All Leica related photographic, (or just
photographic), questions, dissertations, trip reports, test reports,
practices, procedures, tangents,  jibes, digs, etc, etc, etc... are
allowed. If you do not like one of the current threads, do like we all do.
Push delete!

There are plenty of topics that I am sick of. But I do recognize that other
people have the right to discuss them. Over and over and over. Like bags:
"Can anyone recommend a good, small bag with enough room for a single body
with lens mounted, and room for 2 unmounted lenses." And M3 flash. And M
viewfinder DOF indicators... You know, stuff that has been hashed up one
side and down the other. For years.

I wonder who, recently, brought up these topics for the umpteenth time???
And next month, we'll see them all again.

But the LUG is a live family, not a dead archive. So re-hash anything you
want. Anytime. That's why it's the LUG.

Jim

PS... when you, out there in LUG land, post something, please CHANGE THE
SUBJECT LINE to describe what you are posting. Our archive search will work
much better. And those of us who use the delete key, won't delete important
information, just because the subject line is old, from three threads ago!