Subject: [Leica] Re: was:M-R adapter..16mm lens
From: Andrew Nemeth <azn@nemeng.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 98 05:52:33 +1100

>The 16mm is one of those ho-hum, everybody does it
>lenses. The 15mm is a "how did you do that" lens.

Maybe, but for the kind of work I do - virtual reality
imaging - the full-frame fisheye 16mm is streets ahead
in usefulness.

Reason?  You only need to take 6 shots to cover a 360-
degree scene, whereas the 15mm requires 12.  Also, the
16mm is 1/3 the weight, size & cost of the 15mm !

>after a while you become tired of the 16mm full frame
>curved look.

If you are creating digital images, then there exists
software now - a set of Photoshop plug-ins - which allow
you to correct out the barrel distortion.

Regds,

Andrew Nemeth
VR Multimedia  Photo  Java
www.nemeng.com/vr