Subject: Re: [Leica] JB, filters, flames, and technique
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 1998 15:25:11 -0500

(Dan)'
I think everybody has been dancing around what everyone is afraid to say- different jobs call for different tools. There is the old saying that when the only tool you have is a hammer, all problems start looking like a nail.
I am quite sure there are times when an R7 with a motor drive would run rings around an R8, not to mention an M6. I still use a IIIf on my microscope because it is light, and does the job as well or better than the R or M cameras. Obviously, cameras other than Leicas can take wonderful news photos, I even remember PJs with their Rolleis poised over their heads- I think what is important is the person tripping the shutter- the camera is an extension of the eye and unless the photographer can see something in such a way to grab us, it's dreck+ACE- I also believe that a photographer with a good eye, a vision, AND a Leica is apt to take some really nice images. It's not one or the other, but intersecting domains where the lines between are fuzzy, and we're still trying to draw the lines in the sand.
My +ACQ-.02 worth
Dan
( The only mechanical problem I have with my Leicas is the loose nut on the shutter release....)
dwpost+AEA-msn.com