Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica sytem headaches!
From: budcook@ibm.net
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 1998 22:44:35 -0600

James,
If the current version of the 28 Elmarit-R is much of an improvement over
the original, it must be a heck of a lens.  I've had my 28 for 21 years and
it's one of my all time favorite Leitz lenses.
I also have the 60 Macro Elmarit and the 2X extender and I wouldn't say that
the combination is much of a workable medium telephoto primarily because the
effective aperature is f/5.6 and you really need to stop down a bit so it's
even worse than that.
I've used the 2X extender with the 90 Summicron-R on occasion in lieu of
taking along my 180.  It works fine.
Bud