Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica sytem headaches!
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 1998 22:14:20 -0600

> Is it reasonable to have a 60mm and a 180?  That seems
>like a big gap to me.  I really like my 180 (E67 non-apo) so I think I'll
>keep it no matter what.  What about using the 60mm with a 2x extender? That
>would shore up a hole in the middle of 60 and 180, but does the 60 perform
>on the doubler like the 90mm lenses?  Lastly, is the latest 28mm R a big
>improvement over the prior version?

I think a 180 is a good lens to match with the 60 Macro Elmarit. Then after
using that combination for a while, think about something in between. Like
90 Summicron, or since it looks like you like macro work (why else get a
60? besides maybe copy work) that would be an ideal lens, if you don't need
more speed. But since you'll have a 90 in your M system, maybe you won't
miss it too much. Or the 100 f/4 if price is a consideration. A very good
lens as well.

The question now, I suspect would be: "Which 180?" :-)

- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

We are born naked, wet and hungry. Then things get worse.