Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: AF R Series?
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 17:38:24 -0600

>So, archive this, come back in a year and re-read it and see how well
>my crystal ball is working.

Okay. Here's my prediction. Not one of your predictions will come to pass,
except the R AF system being years away.

Nobody will want Leica lenses being loaded onto their cameras. It will hurt
sales to have better independent lenses than their own.

And Leica already has a new M body in the works. My prediction is next
Photokina there will be an all-new rangefinder with all the trimmings. Then
we'll have a true "Thanksgiving day." Not that the current M6 is bad, mind
you.

But for Leica to make the changes you propose, will kill them with the
current Leica crowd. Their market research (mentioned in Leica Photography
a few years ago) has already told them that. The new M will have to be long
on tradition while adding the new, necessary features.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

According to my calculations, the problem doesn't exist.