Subject: [Leica] Frame lines
From: "William H. Cassing" <wcassing@elkgrove.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 21:59:10 -0800

I need some help and/or advice with an ongoing problem.

I use an M6 with a 35mm f/2 Summicron for most of my photography.  I wear
rather thick eyeglasses.  I am unable to wear contact lenses because of a
number of related vision and other medical problems.

My problem is that I cannot get my eye close enough to the viewfinder to see
the 35mm frame lines.  As a result, I am having problems with composition.
I can guess fairly well, but I take a lot of pictures with important
elements missing or with unwelcome added elements.  I know I can have the
pictures cropped, but this requires time and money, neither of which I have
in abundance.

Is there a supplementary viewfinder for the 35mm lens that doesn't cost an
arm and a leg?  How accurate are they with respect to composition?  Would
switching to an SLR (R6.2) solve the problem?  Do Leica SLR's have "high
eyepoint" viewfinders?  Any other ideas?

Thanks.

Bill Cassing