Subject: [Leica] Never clean a lens (poor lens!)
From: "delia" <louzan@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 21:15:15 -0000

Jim and Ted,

Pardon me for answering someone's question, next time remind me to run it
first by you guys to see if its OK or not.  As I said, I didn't expect most
of you to agree.
My personal experiences simply differ from yours. As for it being " bad
information" you may say all you want about the hardness of a lens MC, but
as I pointed out, it only takes some cheap lens cleaning tissue to scratch
it.
And as far as your Leica lenses performing  better now than they did 22
years ago,  I imagine that you know that the cause is most likely due to
advances in film emulsions, etc.
Why don't you two check Shutterbug, to see how many lenses are listed with
cleaning marks and scratches, you won't find better proof.  End of
discussion.

Have a nice day,
Robert

"If you're an enemy, stay away.  I am not a nice man.  I will go to the
wall for friends, but if you mess with me, I'm going after you"

                                               Jim Marshall