Subject: [Leica] Re: UV filters
From: "Doug Richardson" <doug@meditor.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 11:14:01 -0000

Jeremy Kime <jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk> wrote:

>RE: [Leica] London Lugnuts meeting

>Funniest thing said all day -
>"Should we use a Hoya UV filter to protect expensive Leitz filters on
our
>lenses?"

>Thanks James, it made us all laugh!

Given the price of a Hoya filter, would it not be wise to protect that
with a cheap Russian UV filter?

I raised this suggestion in response to James' original comment.
"Think about it," quipped Alastair. "Keeping stacking up those filters
and you'll increase the bulk and weight of the lens, and eventually
cause vignetting. I think we've invented the poor man's Noctilux!"

Regards,

Doug Richardson