Subject: [Leica] Re: UV filters
From: "Roger Beamon" <roger@beamon.org>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 06:40:27 -700

> >Funniest thing said all day -
> >"Should we use a Hoya UV filter to protect expensive Leitz filters on
> our
> >lenses?"
>
> >Thanks James, it made us all laugh!

Laugh, hell. I covet and care for my leica lenses. I now have 14
protective filters on each lens decreasing in price until the very
last one in the stack is a carefully cut out piece of a circa 1939
green Coke bottle.

I wade into any photo opportunity nowadays with supreme
confidence in the safety of my lenses.

Gotta tell you, though, these Leica lenses aren't all they're
cracked up to be. Every one of mine takes rather poor pics. I
used to get better pics with my Argus C3.
- --
Roger
mailto:roger@beamon.org

      Thought for the day:
      It is wrong to ever split an infinitive.