Subject: Re: [Leica] performance analysis (was MTF)
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 07:16:43 -0600

>   Well the most elaborate testing equipment lab is the owe used by
>PopPhoto. Still most Luggers would not
>        even care to consider the results and Eric wrote recently that the
>PopPhoto results are questionable.

Yes, it's questionable, when they only test one sample out of the thousands
of examples that were made of that particular lens. Such an impression by a
test of that sort is, to say the least, questionable. It may actually test
out way better than the average. My courses in statistics makes me way too
cynical on this point I'm sure.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

The world's full of apathy, and I don't care.