Subject: Re: [Leica] 80mmf1.4 R Lens
From: LEICAMAN56@aol.com
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 00:39:22 EST

Arturo,

The 80/1.4 is an absolutely outstanding lens.  I just used mine all weekend
for my annual family portrait sessions.  I am shooting with Speedotron Black
Line strobes, three heads, two with softboxes, 2400 w/sec power.  Beautiful
light and plenty of it.  I am shooting between f/11-16.  All the images are
tack sharp.  I know this is not what would be considered optimum use for this
lens, but the 1.4 is very easy to focus and I like the results better than
with the 90/2.  I also have the 100/2.8, but for this application, the 100 is
too long.  But the 100 is the best R lens I've ever used as far as ultimate
image quality.
Erwin just did a comparison with the 80/1.4 and 75/1.4.  The 75 is another
fantastic lens, and many times I prefer it to the 90 for the M.  I know the
90/2.8 is supposedly better, but the 75 images are without reproach.  See LHSA
Viewfinder color section for some of my shots with the 75.

Bill Rosauer