Subject: RE: [Leica] Leicina,
From: Malcolm McCullough <blayne@mbox2.singnet.com.sg>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 01:01:55 +0800

Jem,
Good to hear you are still using the Leicina. I managed to find the
instructions for the Special. Adaptors for M42, Leicaflex, Minolta bayonet
(22233) and Arri (22230) are mentioned. The manual says that for all lenses
not made for the Leicina "focusing must always be carried out with the
viewfinder of the camera".

However - I have just tried the Special with a wide-open Noctilux and the
scale agrees closely with the viewfinder, using parallax focussing on the
cross-hairs (the Special has 3 interchangeable screens at the turn of a
dial - how many other movie cameras have that at any price?). Maybe I had a
bad dream about the ffd being shorter than the real M.

Regards,
Malcolm