Subject: Re: [Leica] 80mmf1.4 R Lens (and some other...)
From: Christian Payot <christian.payot@span.ch>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 21:35:54 +0100

AJSymi@aol.com a écrit :

> Question #2 - If you had to choose between 100f2.8macro, 90mmf2.0 and
> 80mmf1.4, which would you choose and why?
>
> After shooting with an M6 for many years, I want to complement the M system
> with a R system, and I am going about choosing which R lenses to purchase.

IMHO, I would choose the 100 2.8 macro (in fact I do have choosen it!), mainly
because it would open more new ways in photography, i.e proxi and macro photo.
It is also well known that the 100 mm 2.8 is one of the best Leica lenses.
The other lenses seem to be concurrents with equivalents M-lenses... The R-line
is also more practical with longer lens.

I would not choose the 90 mm 2.0 R because the equivalent in M-serie is
probably better. (I have no information about it, but I have the impression
that the 90 mm R will be changed soon... May be I am totally wrong.).

The 80 mm 1.4 is interesting but I would prefer a M camera for available light.

My 0.0002 cents.
Regards
 Christian Payot