Subject: RE: [Leica] RE: A vanishing act
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 12:28:18 -0600

>If things keep going the way we are, its leically (there - I got in
>something relevant) that there won't be a news business as we know it in the
>next decade or so.

There's a lot of truth to what you say. But I think that as the Internet
kills off the weak ones, that the possibility of something new coming up
might be there. Journalists have to find an outlet, because there are many
great ones, who hate to work for the publications they do, but they're the
only ones out there. Thank goodness I don't. We actually are striving to
become the best paper in the country our size. That's a long way off, but
it's fun trying.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

 A modernfleet of ships does not so much make use of the sea as expoit a
highway. - Joseph Conrad