Subject: Re: [Leica] Amateur vs. Pro
From: Bud Cook <budcook@ibm.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 14:41:48 -0600

Harrison,
I only mentioned Walt because he's the one who said that you have to earn more
than half your income from photography to be a pro.

I wasn't talking about any specific thing such as how one takes care of their
equipment.  I was talking about the inference that you have to be a professional
to have any credence in the art/hobby/career called photography.  I guess I just
got fed up with the phrase *just an amateur*.   IMHO, those of us who are
amateurs are as passionate about photography as most pros and (perhaps) some of
us just might be competent as well.

Regards,
Bud