Subject: RE:Plastic Leica? - was [Leica] Duff email programs -
From: "Tim Atherton" <timphoto@nt.sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 15:25:26 -0700

The Holga is the perfect camera - a plastic $14.95 "Leica" that takes 120
film...

Actually, they can be fun. The Bokeh is off the scale (I won't say in which
direction!). You also have to know where to apply gaffer tape to stop the
light leaks. You get 2 shutter speeds and zone focusing. But they do help us
remember that photography is about seeing, not just equipment.

Actually, I have seen b&w pictures of Cuba taken with a Holga that were
better than an awful lot of pictures taken with systems that cost a hell of
a lot more than 14.95.

(and yes, I must admit to owning a Holga - though that may get me
excommunicated from the LUG!)

Tim A