Subject: Re: [Leica] Laney, lens testing and 3-D effects (long: this is notHubert)
From: TEAShea@aol.com
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 18:24:17 EST

It is always good to have the truth.  We can always rely on Erwin.

Tom Shea

In a message dated 11/26/98 3:18:47 PM Central Standard Time,
imxputs@knoware.nl writes:

<< Recently a very interesting discussion has been launched about the
 difference in characteristics between actual and earlier generations of
 Leica lenses,
 Some of these differences are undoubtedly real. I have pointed them out
 frequently  and a year ago we had a similar exchange of opinions between
 Alf (who very regrettedly left us) and myself. Alf valued the
 characteristics of the older lenses for many reasons.
 And I would not in the least question his opinion or choice.
 We have to be very careful  around this topic.
 To like some characteristics is not the same as stating that these
 characteristics are virtues or to imply that they are desirable in
 themselves. >> ....