Subject: RE: [Leica] Is there a Nikon list?
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@istar.ca>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 21:21:55 -0400

Walt:

What  bothers me the most about this Nikon - Leica lens comparisons is that
most people are doing it through heresay and published charts and have
actually not used both. This was evident in an earlier post where a Nikon
user suggested, to the person who was looking to build an R system, that he
get an APO 1.4 converter even though it would not mate with any of the
lenses suggested.

I had an Eos Elan IIe system before, (my Wife uses it now),  but did not
have any of their exotic lenses.  I would gladly compare the EOS to the
Leica, but nobody would be interested.  I just get the feeling that the
Nikon users are as fanatical about their system as the Leica users.  I was
really not that excited about my EOS though.  When I got an R camera and a
few reasonably fast prime lenses, I wondered why I was using an EOS with
F4-5.6 lenses.  If I got the equivalent fast primes for the Canon, they
would have cost more than the ones I bought used for the Leica.  At one
point, I wanted to do some Nature and sport photography and decided to get
a 400 2.8.  I would have been happy with the EOS 400, but the Leica was
cheaper than the Canon 400, if I factored in buying a EOS 1N.  I stayed
with the Leica and I am glad because I like the lenses I have.

Regards,

Robert