Subject: RE: [Leica] Is there a Nikon list?
From: Walter S Delesandri <walt@jove.acs.unt.edu>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 18:03:52 -0600 (CST)

As a matter of fact, I responded to Gabe (privately) on several
occasions.  Nice fellow.  AND a Leica user.

The list probably shouldn't be a Nikon - for sale list....not
that it bothers me, but since I'm "new" (!!!) what do I know?

I'll tell you what I know.  Probably 90% of the pros using
Leica (yes, Ms - we already had that argument)  ALSO use
Nikon or Canon.  I personally know ZERO pro "R" users.  I know
"OF" a few of them.  Lets see, "pros" with Leica M and Canon -
45%, "pros" with Leica M and Nikon - 45%, "pros" with
Leica M and "R" - 2%? ----
I am VERY interested in the Nikon/Leica combination and comparisons
(imagine that)  My good friend Vern (way too busy/modest to
get into this list) is VERY interested in Canon/Leica debates....

Is there a problem, or am I so dense as to not understand the
significance of "ethnic" purity with regard to 35mm cameras?
I'm quite ignorant, I've found that out on this list, so
enlighten me, please :) :) :) :) :) <NOTICE!!

Walt

On Thu,
26