Subject: Re: [Leica] Tungsten film?
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 20:49:36 -0500

Malcolm-
I have been playing with my Leitz microscopes, with a MIKAS adapter and a
IIIf camera.  I have found that in trying to set up Kohler illumination,
that the 'scope has a blue filter under the condenser and diaphragm in a
swing out holder. The point is that the blue light makes for higher contrast
and improves the resolution of the system for visual microscopy, and for
photomicroscopy as well. I added an 80A filter to the tungsten-halogen
illuminator, and that helped with color balance. Right now- I am still
playing with the exposures, but filtering the light source will actually
make for better photomicrographs. In addition, daylight film, as you've
noted is quite a bit easier to procure.
Dan
dwpost@msn.com