Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica's Development and Management
From: HFHUBER@t-online.de (HFHUBER)
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 12:19:48 +0100

Hi Alan and Bill,

Leica is a relative small company. A few weeks ago I´ve been in Solms to a
Leica-Card-Member meeting. They presented their turnover values of 1997. It was
about 260 Mio. DM (approx. 150 Mio US$). Compare this count with Nikon or Canon!
I was also very surprised of the allocation of this turnover, US about 30%,
Germany more then 30% and the rest for outside Europe and Asia. These values
give an impression of the market rank of Leica in comparison to the big ones
Nikon and Canon. I was also wondering about the slight market penetration of
Leica in the US compared to the huge marketsize.

I think, for this size of that company they do a lot of marketing reputation and
development.

regards
Hans-Ferdinand
HFHUBER@t-online.de