Subject: [Leica] Holga
From: Alex Brattell <alex@zetetic.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 20:26:53 +0000

Paul Chefurka wrote:

>(don't ever use Lotus cc:Mail - it bites worse than a Holga).

What, pray, is a Holga? Don't think we have too many of those in
Ireland........

A Holga is a really excellent and cheap plastic 120 toy camera. I bought one
at Freestyle in Hollywood LA to console myself for the loss of my stolen
Leica. They both ended in A and the Holga was 15 dollars. I documented a
(rainy) weekend in Los Angeles  with wicked results. Total fall off, utter
edge distortion, weird framing and no motordrive. Even better than the
fabled Chinese 1 ukp 35mm Roneiflexes. Yielded a set of pictures that I put
in my portfolio for a while, very particular. Replaced my M6 as soon as
possible.
The Holga - boxed but not mint. Bits keep falling off it -  is a mainstay of
my crimeproof (who would want to steal it?) camera shelf.

Alex