Subject: Re: Re[2]: [Leica] Shooting Baketball help needed from Pros
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@istar.ca>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 23:37:27 -0400

Harrison:

You were too late.  I just got back from the game.  I did not bring my
flash, but asked an organizer if it would be OK.  He said I could so I did.
 I used a Mestz CT60 and I hope everything turns out fine.  I am just
waiting for the Jobo to heat up so that I can process them.

I had the 300 2.8 and R8 with me for the first game and found I wasn't
using it.  During the half, I went back to my truck and got the big metz
and left the R8 and 300 in the truck.  I shot most of it with the 60
Elmarit, and some close under the net shots with a 35mm Summicron.  I used
the 90 ocassionally, but I was so close to the net it was too long of a lens.

 I shot at about F4 so the Metz would keep up if I used bursts of the
motor.  Its a pretty powerful flash and at the ten to twelve foot range it
did not have to put out a lot of light.  Nobody complained.  I did however
end up with a couple players on top of me and the poor girl behind me who
was sweeping the key.  They got all tangled up in my flash cords and one
ended up with his foot in my camera bag.

If I get anything good I will post it.  The NCAA teams were Boston U versus
Miami University.  Miami had a player called Wally Szczerbiak, who is
supposed to be an NBA fist round draft pick.  He was very good.  It seemed
that the other photograpers were there to take pictures of him more than
anything else.  Probably hoping he will be famous and the photos will be
worth something.

Regards,

Robert