Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica strap
From: "Bob Parsons" <bobp@dodo.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 1998 01:20:05 -0000

On 28-11-1998 00:33 bentua wrote:

>Does anybody here know for sure whether the strap is one continuous piece, or
>if not, how strong the connection is connection between the pad and the 2
>pieces of strap?

I'm sure the pad is molded around a continuous strap. Here's why.

If you take the pad in your hands where it is widest in the center you can
easily
pull and stretch/twist the edge of the pad. This gives you a feel for the
elasticity
of the pad material. Now try to stretch the pad along its longest dimension.
It doesn't give at all, just like the nylon material of the strap.

Yes, I think the camera and lenses are quite safe!

Regards,  Bob Parsons.  <bobp@dodo.demon.co.uk>