Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica strap
From: n.b.watson@juno.com (Nigel B Watson)
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 1998 16:16:33 EST

If anyone has noticed, in the last several years Leica have redesigned
the securing ring and plastic cover on the M neckstrap.  The current
version has a much more positive "snap" when it locks on; also the shape
of the split ring makes it much less likely to disconnect from the strap
lug in the event the plastic collar does work its way loose.
The latest version have "Leica" in script on the shoulder pad whilst the
previous strap "LEICA" is in block capital lettering.

Regards,
Nigel

On Sun, 29 Nov 1998 18:15:25 +0100 Pascal <cyberdog@ibm.net> writes:
>On 29-11-1998 15:49 LEICAMAN56@aol.com wrote:
>
>>Bottom line - used the camera for the
>>rest of the trip and put the new nylon strap on the camera and have
>never
>>used
>>another skinny leather strap since.
>
>Thanks for the message Bill!
>I guess Leica did learn something from customer experience...
>
>Pascal
>NO ARCHIVE

>See my photo pages at http://members.xoom.com/cyberplace/
><<< PGP public key available on request >>>

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]