Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica as a business
From: "Raimo Korhonen" <raimo.korhonen@pp2.inet.fi>
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 1998 23:30:24 +0100

Well - I´ve heard Leica reflex enthusiasts leave their newly arrived zooms
in the store when they found out that they were made in Japan - by Minolta
at that time. I´d think that the decision to move all assembly to Germany
was a sound one because everything is marked made in Germany now and to
many people that means a lot. Rational? Maybe not but as I have gathered
from LUG the M sales are steady. Leica folks tend to be conservative. I
hope that the R8 will not bring the company down.
Raimo
photos at http://personal.inet.fi/private/raimo.korhonen
nyt myös Kameralehden juttuja suomeksi

- ----------
> From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
> To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
> Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica as a business
> Date: 29. marraskuuta 1998 21:56
>
> Raimo,
>
> Why? Manufacturing costs in Germany are some of the highest in the world.
Many
> quality German products are manufactured elsewhere these days: Mercedes
in
> Alabama, BMW in South Carolina (or is it the other way round?), etc. Many
> Japanese products are made outside Japan for the same reason. As long as
I can

http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/downs/1704/index.html