Subject: Re: [Leica] Best photography books
From: "Gabe" <egabe@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 1998 19:09:50 -0800

I love photography books and I find it very hard for me to pass them up at
bookstores and antique sales etc.  I'm always hunting.

In regards to ones that I am fond of...well,  the following are in no
particular order other than they are on my coffee table..

"Requiem"
Black Star (Book w/Kennedy on cover taken by a LUG member I believe)
Rober Doisneau's huge "A Photographer's Life"
David Douglas Duncan's "The Private World Of Pablo Picasso"
The Journals of Dan Eldon (Very Moving)
Alfred Stieglitz compilation of Camera Notes
Todd Webb's "Looking Back"
Andy Goldsworthy (This is a great art/nature photography book where he uses
pieces of nature to construct his sculpture/photographs)

What I am looking for is:
Doris Ulmann's "Roll Jordan Roll".  If anyone has a copy which would be very
old, let me know.

Thank you for bringing up a topic that I feel confident contributing to.  I
learn so much from the LUG that I often feel guilty because I don't
participate as much as I would like to.

Thanks
Gabe