Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica's Development and Management
From: n.b.watson@juno.com (Nigel B Watson)
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 17:11:07 EST

According to an acquaintance who is an executive with a large media
conglomerate, the major news services (I took that to mean UPI, Reuters
et al) are already almost completely digital, and the major papers in the
large US cities have a large chunk of their in-house hard-news photogs
using digital as well.  Evidently the feeling amongst those in the know
is that the end of silver-based news photography will come hand-in-hand
with the end of printed newspapers as they are replaced by internet
on-line "subscriptions" which will represent much more profit efficiency
for the publishers.
Of course, I predict that silver-based fine-art photography will survive
at least until the generation now in their 40's has become too old to
lift a Leica...which, given the advances in medecine, may well be six or
seven decades off.

Regards,
Nigel

On Mon, 30 Nov 1998 07:58:27 -0600 Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
writes:

>Film will be with us as a part of our job here at our newspaper even
>after
>--
>
>Eric Welch

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]