Subject: Re: [Leica] New N.... F100
From: n.b.watson@juno.com (Nigel B Watson)
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 08:42:14 EST

I for one don't think I could stand owning *another* camera marque where
people wax metaphisical over it.  The F4 had an almost 10 year production
run, but it is now over, and Nikon is not going to re-issue it.  There
are hundreds of thousands of them out and about...enough to last
potential cultists well into the new millenium.  In a way the F4 and R8
are much alike...both superb manual-focus bodies with evaluative metering
usable with non-CPU lenses.  Except of course the F4 did have AF which
works fairly well with stationary subjects; and of course it had a 4fps
winder built-in plus a 5.7fps drive booster available from the get-go.
Oh, and a 100% viewfinder with interchangeable prisms, a 250-exposure
back, etc.  It did not have a built-in flash meter, though...a *nice*
feature and most *uncharacteristically* revolutionary for Leica.

Regards,
Nigel

On Sun, 29 Nov 1998 22:38:19 -0500 Andre Jean Quintal
<quia250249@yahoo.com> writes:

>	Given the EXTRA-ORDINARY marketing equity / recognition
>	in the name " F 4 " for Nikon, i simply can't believe
>	they won't "retaliate" with a newer model deserving
>	the "model number" millions of people had come to
>	dream of for more than 35 years,

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]