Subject: Re: [Leica] I WANT to make my own choices...
From: Oddmund Garvik <garvik@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 17:38:07 +0100 (MET)

At 15:44 01/12/1998 +0100, Mike wrote:

>Alright then... My M6's flash sync doesn't work off the hot shoe. Fine with a
>sync cord connected to PC socket, but not directly off the hot shoe. Is it
worth
>repairing - given it still works a la M4 via the cord?

I have never been a flash freak, I don't like that. I might have a flash
somewhere, but I never use it. M-Leicas are so convenient in available
light, and I like simplicity. Fortunately nobody ask, or push me into flash
and artificial light photography. I want to make my own choice as well...

I sometimes use the built-in flash with the Contaxes (TVS&T2), but then
everything is automatic, and the result is about predictable.

I don't know how much you want to pay for such a repair, neither how much it
will cost, but I have frightening experiences with Leica repairs. I wouldn't
care too much if it works with the sync cord, and if you just use the flash
every now and then.

Oddmund