Subject: Re: [Leica] Come on guys
From: Oddmund Garvik <garvik@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 14:43:36 +0100 (MET)

At 06:56 01/12/1998 -0500, Gary D. Whalen wrote:
>  Come on guys.  This is not a political forum nor is it a managment
>forum.  This is the "Leica Photography" forum.  Can we please somehow
>resist the temptation of posting to the world our political, management
>and financial views of Leica.  Unless I am wrong we do photography to
>get away from that bs so I don't want to read about it here.  Maybe you
>could personally e-mail each other with your views and save the rest of
>us from these "non-topics".

In my case you are wrong. In the case of photographers who made Leica
famous, you are wrong as well. If they did "photography to get away from
that bs", we would never have Leicas today, or just some prototypes in
museums. Leica is a part of contemporary history, having witnessed, and
still witnessing, showing the diversity of life, human situations, suffering,
dignity, sorry and happiness, smile and tears. This is "politics", and this
will always be "politics". Politics and economy, and moral if you want.
There is nothing wrong about it, as there is nothing wrong about this being
discussed in the Leica Users Group.

Oddmund