Subject: Re: [Leica] R19/2.8 vs M21/2.8 ASPH
From: "Bill Larsen" <ohlen@lightspeed.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 13:35:52 -0800

 Eddie wrote:

>>I have a 21mm/F4 R SA and I am pretty satisfied for its
performance when
>>stopping down to f8. However, I found that it will has
some strong light

Then Alex writes:

>I'm surprised about this. I have the same lens (2-cam), and
the
>illumination seems remarkably even corner to corner.
Definition and colour
>rendering are also excellent, even at full bore
- -
I have the 21mm/f4 R SA also (1971 vintage).  I find just a
little light fall off at the extreme corners at f4.  At
f5.6, the illumination and colours are pretty even.  I got
the lens as part of an R6 kit and originally was going to
sell it.  First I shot a couple of parades and some paying
landscape architecture work.  I find it really valuable in
terms of unexpected income.  (I should note that I
personally don't use any other lens with a focal length less
than 35mm - (just prejudiced);-).

Regards, Bill Larsen  ohlen@lightspeed.net