Subject: Re: [Leica] The joy of tripods
From: n.b.watson@juno.com (Nigel B Watson)
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 1998 17:00:38 EST

Guaging from tripod-mounted comparisons of my 135/4 in the focussing
mount on a Viso II (tripod secured to the mirror box) vs. the lens
mounted to the body but cantilevered off the M's offset tripod bush, it
is a pity Leica did not revert to putting the tripod bush on the 135's
lens barrel.  I have an LTM Hektor and an early M-mount Elmar, both of
which have a tripod bush, and find that it is a much more stable
arrangement.

Regards,
Nigel

On Tue, 01 Dec 1998 22:13:56 +0100 Nathan Wajsman
<nathan.wajsman@euronet.be> writes:
 I took my
>heavy Bogen (Manfrotto) tripod, M3 loaded with Delta 100, and the
>135mm
>Apo Telyt. <snip> With this lens, the tripod certainly proved its value!

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]