Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: M4-2 wisdom....
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@istar.ca>
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 1998 22:37:27 -0400

George:

It is the made in Canada label.  Most people think it must be inferior
because it is made in Canada.  I was made in Canada and I don't feel
inferior.  The M4's were made in Germany and had limited numbers before the
production was moved to Canada.  The M4-2, M4-P had some changes made to
the shutter and advance that made it less adjustable, but this is still the
same shutter as in the M6.

Although, I saw it on the LUG earlier that a made in Canada M4 is very rare
and thus very valuable.  I on the other hand would save up the extra and
get an M6 for the meter.  By the time you buy a used M2,M3,or M4 and put an
MR meter on it you are only a few hundred dollars off the cost of a used M6.

Regards,

Robert