Subject: [Leica] Parallax error, built-in Viso
From: Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 1998 16:42:11 -0800

What actually happened was... they designed the Visoflex so people could
use tele lenses and eliminate parallax on close-ups, with an RF camera.
This worked so well, they said "lets build the Visoflex into the camera
body". This will allow using any lens, any time, for any purpose. That was
the Leicaflex. An M camera with a built-in Visoflex. They even put a meter
in it and a MLU lever. Clever. Then came zoom lenses. What a concept!
Built-in Visoflex, meter, MLU, zoom, whew... more than the old Leicaphiles
could handle.

Jim