Subject: Re: [Leica] Summicron 1:2/35 (Canada) & filters
From: "Roy Zartarian" <royzart@connix.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 21:47:57 +0000

It appears that the 12504 hood is designed to hold ser VII filters in
place over the front of the lens.  That would explain the absence of
threading for a filter.

Roy

On  3 Dec 98 at 12:50, Rob Studdert wrote:

> Dear Fellow LUGgers,
>
> I almost feel that my post may me slightly off-topic given the lack
> of equipment oriented posts over the last week or so, anyhow I would
> like to determine how I may mount filters for B&W photography on my
> Canadian Summicron 1:2/35 as it doesn't seem to have filter threads?
>
> The 12504 hood clips into place nicely on this lens, might I have a
> special hood adaptor screwed into the lens filter thread that has
> bound or does it only accept push on filters?
>
> Thanks in advance for any relevant advice.
>
> Cheers,
>

> Rob Studdert
> HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
> Tel +61-2-9554-4110
> Fax +61-2-9554-9259
> UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
> audiob@ozemail.com.au

   Roy C. Zartarian
   "A prophet is not without honor except in his
    own land and among his own people"

Written with the assistance of a labrador retriever whose chin is on the key board. All typos are his fault.