Subject: RE: [Leica] Come on guys
From: "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 21:46:11 -0800

I also wrote:

>Other than that the architectural photos document part of humanities built
>or to-be-built environment, and that since I work for pay for clients who
>have or run businesses, there is no further social or political overtone to
>those photos. My personal stuff ranges the usual gamut, and it is social
>commentary to the extent that it documents moments of my life.

and

>Everything any human does or thinks can be discussed in a social context,
>but that does not mean that we have to make that the full time focus.

but I darn well hope that my _LEICA_ is apolitical, even if I or my
pictures are not. I don't want it to veer right if I want to take a left
leaning photo.

Relating to the initial commentary that the Leica's claim to fame is as a
political, social, tool (my own interpretation only):

I happen to agree with a lot of what Oddmund says, and I appreciate that he
says it. Almost as often, I'm annoyed at the tone that he takes, which
unfortunately has too much of a 'holier than thou' aspect. Also, although
he tells others at times to lighten up, Oddmund shows about as little
humour as anyone on this list. These two points can, however, be excused on
the basis that English is a second language to him (as it is to me, but
I've been at it a while). In any case I enjoy Oddmunds contributions and
would not actually have him any other way. As others have said, this is the
list to read, as the contributors obviously have more to say than those on
most other lists. Keep it up! even if I can't find the time to read all of
it.

   *            Henning J. Wulff
  /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
 /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com