Subject: Re: [Leica] Come on guys-lets talk photography
From: FBrunelle@aol.com
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 19:46:29 EST

In a message dated 12/3/98 5:35:18 PM Eastern Standard Time,
whalen@whalentennis.com writes:

>  Therefore, a newsgroup can become fragmented and almost incoherent if those
> specific topics are branched off from.  I guess the simplest way of saying
this is
> that the "prime reason" for the group will be forgotten and the focus of the
group
> will change. That by itself is fine but why not start a new newsgroup and
leave the
>original purpose of the original newsgroup alone.

:.  My two cents:
I have joined this group of passionate people (LUG) about 7-8 months ago
basically because they are "passionate" not only about photography and Leica
but about everything life brings to them: the good and the bad.  Like all
passionate people, they sometimes flame and rage about this and that..and yes,
there were times when some insulted others and some felt insulted by others
(which is fairly easy over the net!).

Somehow this group always finds a way to focus back on Leica-things.  I am not
saying that you are wrong in your assessment of these crazy folks (Woh, this
is said with a SUPER GRIN!!) but only that this is exactly why I personally
love them.  I will always keep some Leica gear wether I use it or not just to
be part of this group.

I experienced what many felt when they leave the LUG for some period:  the
"LUG drawback syndrome".  The LUG happens to be a rare society phenomenon: a
"connected" family of citizens from all over the world and like all families
they don't always talk about family business.  Thanks to all of you whom make
me feel at home on the net.  I am particularily happy to be part of this group
and be able to share some of your own reality and day-to-day experiences.  I
do not need to say that I wouldn't want this bunch of great individuals be
spreaded over 20+ newsgroups just to satisfy the very very focused needs of
some.  The LUG is just great as it is!

Francois Brunelle
Ashburn VA